MyLab Pathology is an RACGP Accredited Education Provider and we are excited to provide our referring doctors with in-clinic dermoscopy training for the 2023-25 triennium. We currently have two specialised education courses available:
Dermoscopy Day – An introduction to dermoscopic techniques and minor surgical techniques such as cryotherapy, shave biopsies and punch biopsies. Participants will learn the algorithms behind skin cancer identification and then be able practice their surgical skills on a patient (real clinical experience).
Advanced Skin Cancer Course – A deeper look at dermoscopic techniques and advanced surgical techniques such as excision, suturing, flaps and grafts. Participants will have the opportunity to practice their surgical skills on a patient (real clinical experience).
These activities have both been approved with the 2022-2025 RACGP Education Program for 40 CPD points.
The MyLab Surgical Skin Audit activity offers participants a tool to asses their clinical practice and diagnostic accuracy, helping to review and refine their skin analysistechniques. For more information, please view our Skin Audit brochure (introduction only). To register for the Skin Audit, please complete the audit registration form and email it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax it to us at (07) 3277 3744. If you would like to know more about our skin audits, please get in contact with us.
This activity has been approved with the 2022-2023 RACGP Education Program for 40 CPD points.
Our 2021 Education Courses are scheduled for the following dates.
- Dermoscopy Day 1 – 11th March 2023 (Sunshine Coast)
- Dermoscopy Day 2 – 13th March 2021 (Cairns)
- Dermoscopy Day 3 – 9th September 2023 (Logan)
- Dermoscopy Day 4 – 11th November 202 (Sunshine Coast)
- Advanced Dermoscopy and Skin Cancer Course – 12th March 2023 (Sunshine Coast)
- Advanced Dermoscopy and Skin Cancer Course – 14th May 2023 (Cairns)
- Advanced Dermoscopy and Skin Cancer Course – 10th September 2023 (Sunshine Coast)
- Advanced Dermoscopy and Skin Cancer Course – 12th November 2023 (Sunshine Coast)
Please be aware that these dates are subject to change. For the most current information of course dates and times, please contact Angie Collinson.
Are you concerned about your skin? Maybe it’s time for a check up.
MyLab Pathology are affiliated with a number of fantastic skin cancer clinics that focus exclusively on the detection, diagnosis, and treatment of skin cancer. Visit their links below to book an appointment.